A sex crime is a sexual act performed against an individual that is unwanted or forced in nature.
There are various types of sex crimes.
Commonest sex crimes are rape, child abuse, kid porn, sex with animals, prostitution, sexual harassment, and some other forms of sexual acts.
A sex crime can invite harsh penalties in California.
If you’ve been charged with or are being probed for a sex crime in California, you must right away consult a criminal counsel experienced in defending such cases.
There are various penalties for a sex crime in California.
It may include a prison sentence and high fines. Victim restitution, probation, parole, and support can be the other penalties. The person may also be registered as a sex offender in the nation’s registry. In a number of cases, the driver’s license can also be revoked.
Often an individual could be wrongly accused of a sex crime. You must hire a barrister with experience in getting positive outcomes in sex crime cases so that your case is afforded the best opportunity to spare you from a conviction.
Sex Crimes Charges
If you are facing sex crime charges in the Southern California area, call the Law Offices of Ramiro J. Lluis. Our Los Angeles sex crimes defense lawyers have had over 30 years of experience in protecting our clients in sex crime-related matters.
Schedule today a free consultation with our sex crimes defense attorneys for further analysis of your case.
Table of Contents
- 1 A sex crime is a sexual act performed against an individual that is unwanted or forced in nature.
- 1.1 There are various types of sex crimes.
- 1.2 A sex crime can invite harsh penalties in California.
- 1.3 There are various penalties for a sex crime in California.
- 1.4 A conviction also leads to a large amount of embarrassment, damage to reputation, and a disgraced social life.
- 1.5 Sex Crimes Charges
- 1.6 Related posts: